Further happy memories: I have had the pleasure of working with Charlie on several occasions, beginning in the late 90s:
(1) World Bank CPRNet (1999). Charlie became a member in 1999. This was a global network that I founded in the mid-90s, while a World Bank staff member. It merged with CBNRM Net (see under).
(2) World Bank CBNRM Net (2002). Charlie became a member in 2002. This global network grew out of work I did while at the World Bank in the late 90s. It is registered as an NGO in Norway, and is still active.
(3) South Africa (2003). We met in connection with my participation in the World Park Congress in Durban. He took me to an organisation located along the coast east of Durban (the name unfortunately evades me). Charlie's Center for Impact Assessment supported this organisation.
(4) Lake Chad, with Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Niger, and Nigeria (2005-2006). Project "Environmental and social risk assessment (ESRA)", implemented by John S. Petterson (Impact Assessment, Inc. (La Jolla, California), Charles Wolf, Center for Impact Assessment (New York), and Lars Soeftestad, Supras Limited (Kristiansand, Norway). Our assignment was part of the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) / GEF project "Reversal of Land and Water Degradation Trends in the Lake Chad Basin Ecosystem: Establishment of Mechanisms for Land and Water Management" (RAF/00/G31/P070252).
(5) Norway (2006). Charlie visited me in Kristiansand, my hometown.
Posted on the IAIA Notification email server for member, on 2 January 2023, on the occasion of the "7th annual Charlie Wolf Symposium", Nigeria
AEIAN, IAIA's Nigerian affiliate, is organizing the 7th annual Charlie Wolf Symposium on 8 Feb. It will be held in-person in three locations as well as virtually via Zoom. The theme is "COP27 Resolutions: Climate Financing for Low Carbon Energy Solutions."