Biodiversity Losses are Appalling, and Are Increasing.
Facebook is mostly a place to share personal information, including photos, and address the funny and light aspects of life. It could also be a place to address serious issues. And nothing is more serious than how we collectively ravage the nature around us globally, and in the process wipe out an increasing number of species. It's about biodiversity protection, and it affect us all today, and will affect us increasingly in the future.
I dare you to look at some other photos, of some of the countless number of species that we are driving to extinction.
This piece appears in connection with the ongoing UN Biodiversity Conference (COP 15), in Montreal (7-10 Dec 2023). The agenda and hoped-for outcome is a tall order indeed. Hopefully the goals will be achieved.
My personal top ten of biodiversity & finance initiatives coming out of Montreal this week – whilst we wait for the BIG announcement of an ambitious post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework
1. 150 financial institutions representing $24 trillion called on world leaders to adopt an ambitious Global Biodiversity Framework - https://lnkd.in/eCNuZMBe
2. Mark Carney calls on FIs to integrate nature & Biodiversity in transition plans https://lnkd.in/eP-uhNET
3. International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) announce enhancements to climate disclosures to include nature and a just transition. https://lnkd.in/eFzb2XGK
4. Nature Action 100 launched https://lnkd.in/euZ8jVZU
5. WBA Nature Benchmark Launch https://lnkd.in/eYPNUbqC
6. German government announced a EUR29m grant to Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) and partners to accelerate uptake globally. https://lnkd.in/emCST5QS
7. UK Government supports developing countries to build nature positive economies. https://lnkd.in/eZcJRu5m
8. Make it mandatory campaign https://lnkd.in/eE8kP3up
9. Accountability Accelerator launched by the Global Commons Alliance https://lnkd.in/ex3p6zH5
10. The best part - Meeting everyone in person! Great to see a growing movement! - too many people to mention all!!