I participated in the UNCCD COP 11 (Windhoek, Namibia, 16-27 September 2013) on behalf of my firm Supras Ltd, on the invitation of Responding to Climate Change (see Sources) and Entico Corporation (see Sources). Supras Ltd is accredited to the UNCCD. I specifically participated in the meetings of UNCCD's Sustainable Land Management Business Forum (SLMBF), where I addressed the role of the private sector in engaging with the civil society at the local level, in developing as well as in transition countries.
At the SLMBF meetings I presented a technical paper that discussed these issues. The interview, titled "Lars Soeftestad: A Social Science Response to Land Degradation", addresses land degradation from the vantage point of the social sciences (Note 1).
(1) The interview with me was done at UNCCD COP 11 (Windhoek, Namibia, September 2013), by Responding to Climate Change (RTCC) and Entico Corporation. The interviewer was Ed King, Editor, RTCC. Availability: (i) Vimeo (Supras' account) at: https://www.vimeo.org/supras, (ii) Climate Home at: https://www.climate-change.tv/9403, (iii) Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&time_continue=276&v=27a6wTYZa98
(2) Image credit: Responding to Climate Change (RTCC). From an interview with me at UNCCD COP 11 by RTCC.
(3) Relevant Devblog articles:
(4) Permalink: https://devblog.no/en/article/social-science-response-land-degradation
(5) Published 29 August 2017. Updated 27 September 2018.
Entico Corporation. URL: http://entico.com
Responding to Climate Change (RTCC). URL: http://www.rtcc.org
Soeftestad, Lars. 2013. "
Vimeo. n.d. "A social science response to land degradation." URL: http://www.vimeo.org/supras